- Chowderfest & Brews Festival at Waterville Valley - 0 sec ago - The 24th Annual Chowderfest & Brews Festival at Waterville Valley will be held on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. outdoors in the Town Square.
- At least 51 dead after tornado hits Oklahoma - 35 min 38 sec ago - Fifty-one people have died as a result of the storm that hit the Oklahoma City area Monday, Oklahoma's office of the chief medical examiner said.
- Experts warn mosquito season could be bad - 3 hours 2 min ago - Some experts are predicting tough mosquito and tick seasons this year.
- Dispute erupts over graves in New Ipswich - 3 hours 15 min ago - A potential legal battle is brewing in New Ipswich that might force some graves to be moved.
- Concord homeless granted reprieve from eviction - 3 hours 18 min ago - Homeless residents in Concord won a temporary legal victory Monday when they were allowed to return to city camp-sites.
- Analysis: Unlike father, son Rand Paul begins presidential run running with establishment - 3 hours 22 min ago - Eleven months before the 2008 New Hampshire Primary, then-U.S. Rep. Ron Paul made his first trip to New Hampshire very serious about a presidential run. He was invited to be the keynote speaker at the New Hampshire Liberty Forum, a group of libertarians unaffiliated with the state Republican Party..He arrived a few days before that and besides a well-attended fundraiser no event had more than 50 people attending. One of the events on his schedule was a one-on-one lunch with the state Republican Party chair. Establishment Ron Paul was not.
- Trial begins for Pembroke man accused of killing girlfriend - 3 hours 44 min ago - A jury heard opening statements Monday in the trial of a Pembroke man charged with second-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend.
- Few details released in Manchester shooting - 4 hours 10 min ago - Little information has been released about a fatal shooting in Manchester on Saturday night.
- Most expensive home in America priced at $190 million - 5 hours 16 min ago - An estate in Connecticut is currently listed as America's most expensive home for sale, at $190 million.
- Many planning camp trips to North County for Memorial Day weekend - 5 hours 42 min ago - George Lane of Plymouth has his camper ready and is excited to try a new campground experience at the very tip of the state this coming Memorial Day weekend.
- Rabid raccoons found in Hanover - 7 hours 15 min ago - Two raccoons in Hanover tested positive for rabies after they were seen acting strangely.
- Woman, 2 men arraigned on assault charges - 9 hours 16 min ago - A woman and two men accused of attacking a Hollis man last week appeared in court Monday morning.
- Celtics player arrested, accused of threatening woman with gun - 9 hours 27 min ago - A Boston Celtics player was arrested and accused of threatening a woman with a gun in Washington.
- Former Sen. Judd Gregg to head up financial services group - 10 hours 25 min ago - Former New Hampshire governor and three-time U.S. Sen. Judd Gregg has been named the chief executive officer for a financial services lobbying group.
- Hudson fire possibly caused by bird's nest - 11 hours 26 min ago - A fire reported in Hudson early Monday morning was possibly caused by a bird's nest, authorities said.
- Boat collides with island in Tuftonboro - 12 hours 49 min ago - At least one person was hurt in a boat accident at Chip Island in Tuftonboro early Monday morning.
- MV Kearsarge returns to the water - 13 hours 16 min ago - The MV Kearsarge is heading back out on the water after sinking at the Sunapee town dock earlier this year.
- Construction Check: Hooksett high speed tolls to open this week - 13 hours 16 min ago - A new development is just around the bend at the Hooksett tolls on Interstate 93.
- Farmington police step up security - 13 hours 18 min ago - Farmington police will have extra officers on duty Monday after a middle school student said he was approached by a stranger.
- Two suspicious devices reported in Fitzwilliam - 13 hours 19 min ago - A bomb squad was called to Perry Road in Fitzwilliam on Sunday night after someone reported seeing a pair of suspicious devices.
|05/20/13||MENS BREAKFAST GROUP||7:00 am||Huggins Hospital - Wolfeboro||The MENS BREAKFAST GROUP will be meeting in the Huggins Hospital cafeteria on Monday at 7am for fellowship and good times. A $2 donation is requested.|
|05/20/13||GOLF TOURNAMENT||8:00 am||Kingswood Golf Club - Wolfeboro||The Rotary Club of Wolfeboro's annual 18 Hole Golf Tournament and Fund Raiser is Monday May 20th at the Kingswood Golf Club in Wolfeboro. There will be an 8am shotgun start. To reserve your slot or for more information call 490-7181 or visit http://library.constantcon...|
|05/20/13||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $2.75 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|05/20/13||KNIT WITS||10:00 am||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Knit Wits Knitting Group will meet on Monday from 10am to noon at the Gafney Library in Wakefield. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. What a great way to start your week. For more information on the Knit Wits call 522-3401.|
|05/20/13||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||This Monday the Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am with BINGO...then luncheon at noon. Other activities include yoga, bridge and bingo. It all takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 569-3453.|
|05/20/13||KNIT WITS||6:30 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||The Knit Wits of Tuftonboro will meet this Monday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Tuftonboro Free Library. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. It’s a great way to spend an evening. For more information on the Knit Wits call 569-5057.|
|05/20/13||PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB MEETING||7:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Meet with local photography enthusiasts by joining the Lakes Region Photography Club. Meetings are at 7:00pm on the first and third Mondays of each month at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. Everyone is welcome to attend these enjoyable meetings to better your composition, formatting, framing and more. Call 569-3337 for more information.|
|05/20/13||NEW ABENAKI LODGE - PUBLIC INPUT SESSION||7:00 pm||Pop Whalen Arena - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Parks and Rec Dept. & the Friends of Abenaki are hosting a Public Input Session on Monday, May 20th at 7pm at the Pop Whalen Arena to help plan the design and features of the proposed new Abenaki 4-Season Lodge. All community members and Abenaki users are invited. Families with children are especially encouraged to attend as they want to hear the kids ideas and dreams for the new lodge. For more info call 569-5639.|
|05/21/13||GAME DAY||9:30 am||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||The Ossipee Concerned Citizens GAME DAY is held on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11am at the OCC Building on Dore Street. Enjoy both games and lunch. For more information call 539-6851.|
|05/21/13||CHAMBER SOCIAL||5:00 pm||Club 59 - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Area Chamber of Commerce will be having it's monthly member social on Tuesday May 21st from 5pm to 7pm at CLUB 59 Steakhouse located at the Kingswood Golf Club. For more information on this event call 569-2200 or visit www.wolfeborochamber.com|