- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 10 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 10 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 10 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 11 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 11 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 11 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 11 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 11 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 11 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|04/27/15||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Monday Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am with BINGO. Activities include yoga, Mah Jong, bridge, mystery book club and watercolor painting. Luncheon is at noon. It all takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|04/27/15||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|04/27/15||KNIT WITS||10:00 am||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Knit Wits Knitting Group will meet on Monday from 10am to noon at the Gafney Library in Wakefield. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 522-3401.|
|04/27/15||ROTARY CLUB||5:30 pm||Wolfeboro Inn||The Wolfeboro Rotary Club meets weekly at the Wolfeboro Inn. The Monday meetings start at 5:30pm. If you're interested in the Rotary Club, and being a part of all they do for our community, you can find out more, including contact information, by visiting their website at www.WolfeboroRotary.org|
|04/27/15||KNIT WITS||6:30 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||The Knit Wits of Tuftonboro will meet this Monday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Tuftonboro Free Library. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 569-5057|
|04/28/15||GAME DAY||9:30 am||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||The Ossipee Concerned Citizens GAME DAY is held on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11am at the OCC Building on Dore Street. Enjoy both games and lunch. For more information call 539-6851.|
|04/28/15||OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS||5:30 pm||Ossipee Valley Bible Church||The weekly meeting of Overeaters Anonymous takes place on Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at the Ossipee Valley Bible Church. For more information you can call 323-3369.|
|04/28/15||LIONS CLUB||6:30 pm||Wolfeboro Inn||The Wolfeboro Lions Club is having their second meeting of the month on Tuesday at the Wolfeboro Inn. The evening starts at 6:30pm with the social followed by the 7:00pm meeting. For more information on the Wolfeboro Lions Club and all they do for the community call 569-0199 or visit www.wolfeboro.nhlions.org|
|04/28/15||JAM SESSION||6:30 pm||Old White Church - Tuftonboro||This Tuesday from 6:30 to 9:30pm the Old White Church in Tuftonboro is host to a JAM SESSION featuring old time country, gospel and bluegrass music. Enjoy a night out with friends and neighbors for good music and fun. For more information call 569-3861.|
|04/29/15||HIKING TRIP||(All day)||Local Area||This Wednesday, the Active Older Adults will be hiking Mary Mountain in Freedom (an easy to moderate hike). If you would like to participate, or want more information, call 569-4568.|