- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 44 weeks 6 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 44 weeks 6 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 44 weeks 6 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 44 weeks 6 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 45 weeks 20 min ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|12/20/14 - 12/21/14||THE NUTCRACKER||7:00 pm||Anderson Hall at Brewster Academy - Wolfeboro||No holiday season would be complete without a trip to “THE NUTCRACKER". See Northeastern Ballet Theatre's presentation of “The Nutcracker” on Saturday December 20th at 7pm or Sunday December 21st at 2pm at Brewster Academy's Anderson Hall in Wolfeboro. For tickets or more info call 834-8834 or visit .www.northeasternballet.org|
|12/20/14 - 12/21/14||POLAR EXPRESS||8:00 pm||Village Players Theater - Wolfeboro||In the spirit of the season, the movie POLAR EXPRESS will be shown at the Village Players Theater on Saturday December 20th at 8pm and on Sunday the 21st at 2pm. Admission is $5 per person. For more information call 569-9656 or visit www.village-players.com|
|12/21/14||BUFFET BREAKFAST||7:30 am||Masonic Lodge - Alton||The Masons of Winnipesaukee Lodge #75 in Alton are cooking up breakfast for you on Sunday, December 21st from 7:30 to 11 a.m.. Start your day off with a great breakfast buffet that includes omletes. At $10 for adults and $5 under 12, it's the best deal around, so come join your friends. The lodge is on Route 28 south of the Alton traffic circle. For more information on the breakfast call 566-1722 or visit www,winnipesaukeemasons.com|
|12/21/14||COTTON MTN. CHURCH CHRISTMAS SERVICE||5:00 pm||Cotton Mountain Church - Wolfeboro||On Sunday December 21st the historic COTTON MOUNTAIN CHURCH in Wolfeboro will have its annual Christmas Candlelight service at 5pm. All are welcome at this non-denominational service. A donation of non-perishable food would be appreciated to help those in need. Come enjoy an old-fashioned Christmas service with a pump organ and a church warmed by a woodstove in the glow of candles and kerosene lights. For more information call 569-8269.|
|12/22/14||FOOD PANTRY||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||This Christmas week the L.I.F.E. Ministries Food Pantry is open MONDAY from 10:00am to 1:00pm and from 5:00pm to 7:00pm instead of the usual Wednesday at the Outreach Building next to the All Saints Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Wolfeboro. For more information call 569-0202.|
|12/22/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|12/22/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Monday Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am with BINGO. A CHRISTMAS DINNER with prime rib and all the extras will be served at noon in parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|12/22/14||KNIT WITS||10:00 am||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Knit Wits Knitting Group will meet on Monday from 10am to noon at the Gafney Library in Wakefield. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 522-3401.|
|12/22/14||KNIT WITS||6:30 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||The Knit Wits of Tuftonboro will meet this Monday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Tuftonboro Free Library. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 569-5057.|
|12/23/14||GAME DAY||9:30 am||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||The Ossipee Concerned Citizens GAME DAY is held on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11am at the OCC Building on Dore Street. Enjoy both games and lunch. For more information call 539-6851.|