- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 3 weeks 3 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 3 weeks 3 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 3 weeks 3 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 3 weeks 4 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 3 weeks 4 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 3 weeks 4 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 3 weeks 4 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 3 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 3 weeks 4 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|03/06/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $2.75 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|03/06/14||BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC||11:00 am||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||There will be a BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC at the Ossipee Concerned Citizens Office on Thursday March 6th from 11am to 12pm. The clinic is open to the public and conducted by VNA-Hospice of Southern Carroll County and Vicinity. For more information call 569-2729 or visit www.vnahospice.net|
|03/06/14||GARDEN CLUB MEETING||1:00 pm||Ossipee Public Library||This month’s meeting of the Ossipee Garden Club will be held at the Ossipee Public Library on Thursday at 1:00pm. Garden club members meet on the first Thursday of each month. For more information you can call 539-2515.|
|03/06/14||HIKERS MEETING||2:00 pm||Willing Workers Hall - Melvin Village||The Tuftonboro Hikers will be meeting on Thursday March 6th at 2pm at the Willing Workers Hall in Melvin Village. After conducting business, there will be a presentation regarding properties of the Lakes Region Conservation Trust. Refreshments will be served. For more information call 515-0032.|
|03/06/14||DINNER BELL||5:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||If you're in need of a good meal, join the good people who put on the DINNER BELL. It's held Thursday's at 5:00pm at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. A voluntary donation is requested.|
|03/06/14||MARDI GRAS CELEBRATION to BENEFIT THE NICK||5:30 pm||Garwoods Restaurant & Pub - Wolfeboro||Join the Wolfeboro Area Recreation Association board of directors and staff for the 3rd Annual Appetizer Social at Garwoods Restaurant in Wolfeboro on Thursday March 6th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The cost is $20 per person, which includes heavy appetizers, prizes and a free raffle ticket. There will be a silent auction and several door prizes...plus wear the best Mardi Gras outfit and win a prize! Tickets are available now. Call 569-1909 or visit www.TheNick.org|
|03/06/14||STAMP CLUB||6:30 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Stamp Club meets the first Thursday of each month. If you enjoy this popular pastime, join with others this Thursday at 6:30pm in the undercroft of the All Saints Church. If you would like more information on the Wolfeboro Stamp Club call 569-8678.|
|03/07/14||NEWCOMERS CLUB||8:30 am||Wofleboro Inn||The Lakes Region Newcomers hosts its monthly breakfast and meeting at the Wolfeboro Inn on the FIRST FRIDAY of each month at 8:30am. It's a fun, year-round social organization composed of multi-age newcomers & residents. The active group participates in a variety of events including cultural, social and recreational activities. For more information call 941-4880 or visit www.lrnc-nh.com|
|03/07/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Senior Center program for Friday starts at 10am. Activities include Move & Groove, lunch and a movie. Everything takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|03/07/14||BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC||11:00 am||Saint Anthony's Church - Sanbornville||There will be a BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC at St. Anthony's Church in Sanbornville on Friday March 7th from 11am to noon. The clinic is open to the public and conducted by VNA-Hospice of Southern Carroll County and Vicinity. For more information call 569-2729 or visit www.vnahospice.net|