- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 37 weeks 4 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 37 weeks 4 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 37 weeks 5 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 37 weeks 5 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 37 weeks 5 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 37 weeks 5 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 37 weeks 5 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 37 weeks 5 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 37 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 37 weeks 5 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|11/01/14||CHRISTMAS BAZAAR||9:30 am||Tuftonboro Central School||On Saturday November 1st from 9:30am to 2:00pm a special event is taking place...The 29th Annual Christmas Bazaar at Tuftonboro Central School. Call 707-1255 for more information on this popular pre-holiday event.|
|11/01/14||CHRISTIAN CRAFTERS CHRISTMAS FAIR||10:00 am||Liberty Chapel Function Hall - Milton Mills||You're invited to a CHRISTIAN CRAFTERS CHRISTMAS FAIR on Saturday November 1st. From 10am to 2pm the Covenant Baptist Church will host the event, with proceeds to benefit local charities and churches. You'll find crafts, baked goods, white elephant and a cash raffle. A light lunch served. This event takes place at the Liberty Chapel Function Hall on Highland Ave in Milton Mills. For more information call 473-2083.|
|11/01/14||VICTORY BUS TOUR||3:30 pm||Jo Greens - Wolfeboro||Walt Havenstein, Scott Brown and Frank Guinta will be on a Victory Bus Tour this weekend. They will be stopping In Wolfeboro at 3:30pm on Saturday and heading inside Jo Greens to Meet & Greet with supporters. This is their LAST stop before the election--so if you want to talk with them, make sure to be there.|
|11/02/14||BREAKFAST BUFFET||7:00 am||Masonic Hall - Wolfeboro||Wolfeboro’s Masonic & Eastern Star organizations will hold a PUBLIC BREAKFAST on Sunday from 7-11am at the Masonic Hall across from the Nick. The BUFFET includes pancakes, bacon, sausage, home fries, scrambled eggs, breads, fresh fruit and much more. The cost is $9 per person. Proceeds support a wide range of charitable projects. For more information call 569-4307.|
|11/02/14||SKI TRAIL WORK||1:00 pm||Abenaki Ski Area - Wolfeboro||Ski season is just around the bend, and trail work for the Wolfeboro Cross Country ski trail system is needed. Volunteers should meet on Sunday starting at 1pm at the Abenaki Ski Area. Bring work gloves, loppers and a bad joke or two. There is a supply of tools but more come in handy. Generally the work is for a couple of hours. For more information call 569-3151 or visit www.wolfeboroxc.org|
|11/03/14||KNIT WITS||(All day)||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Knit Wits Knitting Group will meet on Monday from 10am to noon at the Gafney Library in Wakefield. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 522-3401.|
|11/03/14||SENIOR CENTER CLOSED TODAY||(All day)||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Senior Center Program will not be held this Monday due to set-up for Election Day on Tuesday.|
|11/03/14||MENS BREAKFAST GROUP||7:00 am||Huggins Hospital - Wolfeboro||The MENS BREAKFAST GROUP will be meeting in the Huggins Hospital cafeteria on Monday at 7am for fellowship and good times. A $2 donation is requested.|
|11/03/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|11/03/14||ROTARY CLUB||5:30 pm||Wolfeboro Inn||The Wolfeboro Rotary Club meets weekly at the Wolfeboro Inn. The Monday meetings start at 5:30pm. If you're interested in the Rotary Club, and being a part of all they do for our community, you can find out more, including contact information, by visiting their website at www.WolfeboroRotary.org|