- GOP rank and file not bothered by carpetbagging candidates - 1 hour 8 min ago - New Hampshire could be home to not one, but two candidates for the U.S. Senate who are are brand-new residents of the state. But when you talk to the state's rank-and-file Republicans they are fine with that.
- Tens of thousands of toys needed for Toys for Tots - 1 hour 40 min ago - With just a couple of weeks to go before Christmas, Toys for Tots organizers said they still need tens of thousands of toys for children in need.
- Dover city councilor involved in fatal crash - 1 hour 42 min ago - A Dover city councilor was involved in a fatal crash Monday morning.
- Media outlets debate using Newtown 911 calls - 2 hours 5 min ago - Wednesday's release of audio recordings of the 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings forced news organizations to make difficult --- and probably unpopular -- decisions about what to broadcast and what to hold back. News executives...
- Accident victim's recovery helped by feathered friends - 2 hours 16 min ago - A Claremont woman nearly killed in an accident while on her way home from a vacation said she has been helped in her recovery by a few dozen feathered friends.
- Heat shield for NASA mission flies out of Manchester - 2 hours 37 min ago - A special flight took off from Manchester on Wednesday afternoon carrying an important component for a new NASA spacecraft.
- Laconia man accused of threatening toddler with utility knife - 2 hours 39 min ago - A Laconia man has been accused of threatening his girlfriend's 2-year-old child with a utility knife.
- Canoes, kayaks, others may face annual fee for conservation decals - 2 hours 39 min ago - Canoes, kayaks, sailboats and other non-motorized vessels may face an annual $10 fee for conservation decals in the coming years in New Hampshire.
- 911 calls show calm response to Newtown shooting - 3 hours 9 min ago - Recordings of 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that were released Wednesday show town dispatchers urged panicked callers to take cover, mobilized help and asked about the welfare of the children as gunshots could be heard at times in the background.
- Angry Sox fans say they'll burn Ellsbury jerseys - 3 hours 54 min ago - Many Red Sox fans had emotional reactions to news that Sox outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury was planning to sign a contract with the New York Yankees, with some saying they planned to set their Ellsbury jerseys on fire.
- Body found in Sagamore Creek identified - 4 hours 32 min ago - Police in Portsmouth have identified the body of a woman found in the Sagamore Creek on Tuesday.
- Newtown school shooting 911 calls released - 5 hours 44 min ago - Some audio recordings of 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting were released to the news media Wednesday afternoon.
- Bosse joins Innis campaign - 6 hours 17 min ago - Former Congressional candidate and Republican policy aide Grant Bosse got two new jobs in New Hampshire politics this week.
- Man featured on Most Wanted Wednesday arrested - 6 hours 41 min ago - A man wanted in connection with a burglary in Candia was arrested at a relative's home in Nottingham on Wednesday.
- Autopsy: Walker died of trauma, burn injuries - 6 hours 49 min ago - Autopsies have determined the official causes of death for Paul Walker and Roger Rodas.
- Hooksett officer struck by car while directing traffic - 7 hours 39 min ago - A Hooksett police officer is recovering after being hit by a car Tuesday while directing traffic around an accident scene.
- Obama pushes for minimum wage hike - 8 hours 13 min ago - [Breaking news update 11:52 a.m. ET] Rising inequality and declining upward mobility for American workers pose a "fundamental threat to the American dream," Obama added. The pair of conditions, he said, is bad for the economy because it makes growth m...
- Dover city councilor involved in fatal crash - 10 hours 3 min ago - Police said a man died in a crash that involved a Dover city councilor.
- Big Papi to auction off $100K champagne bottle - 10 hours 59 min ago - Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is auctioning off several items he wore in the locker room after the team won the World Series.
- Road near exit 2 of I-93 in Salem to be closed for road work - 11 hours 25 min ago - The New Hampshire Department of Transportation says a road near exit 2 of Interstate 93 will close overnight Thursday for demolition work.
|12/03/13 - 12/07/13||HOLIDAY BASKET||(All day)||WASR 1420am / Downtown Wolfeboro||Help us Feed The Hungry in our Community! WASR’s Gary James, along with a variety of guest hosts, is broadcasting LIVE from Prudential Spencer-Hughes downtown Wolfeboro from December 3rd to 7th from 7am to 1pm each day. It's WASR's annual broadcast of the HOLIDAY BASKET to benefit Life Ministries Food Pantry. Listen for lively and fun conversations & interviews with local personalities as we seek to help those in need. Wolfeboro Rotarians are downtown all day to accept your donation.|
|12/04/13||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $2.75 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|12/04/13||FOOD PANTRY||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Serving those in need all year long, the L.I.F.E. Ministries Food Pantry is open Wednesday from 10:00am to 1:00pm and from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. If you need assistance, or can help those who do, visit the Outreach Building next to the All Saints Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Wolfeboro. For more information you can call 569-0202.|
|12/04/13||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wednesday Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am. Activities include Tai Chi, line-dancing knitting club and more. Luncheon is at noon. Everything takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|12/04/13||RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE||12:00 pm||Inn on Main - Wolfeboro||Give the "Gift of Life" by participating the in the American Red Cross fall blood drive on Wednesday December 4th from noon to 5:15pm at the Inn on Main in Wolfeboro. For more information on the Red Cross fall blood drive call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org|
|12/04/13||ADVANCE DIRECTIVES||1:30 pm||Huggins Hospital - Wolfeboro||Huggins Hospital and caregiver volunteers offer an informational session on Advance Directives covering the completion of forms to create a Living Will and a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30pm to 2:30pm in the Huggins Hospital Cafe. For more information you can call 569-3714 or visit www.hugginshospital.org|
|12/04/13||T.O.P.S.||4:30 pm||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets weekly on Wednesdays from 4:30-6pm at the O.C.C. Building on Moultonville Road in Center Ossipee. For more information call 539-8090.|
|12/04/13||ROTARY CLUB HOLIDAY DINNER||6:00 pm||Bayside Grill & Tavern - Wolfeboro||Members of the Wolfeboro Rotary Club will have their annual CLUB HOLIDAY DINNER on Wednesday December 4th at the Bayside Grill & Tavern starting at 6pm. For more information call 569-4330 or visit www.WolfeboroRotary.org|
|12/04/13||JAM SESSION||6:30 pm||Old White Church - Tuftonboro||This Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:30pm the Old White Church in Tuftonboro is host to a JAM SESSION featuring old time country, gospel and bluegrass music. Enjoy a night out with friends and neighbors for good music and fun. For more information call 569-3861.|
|12/05/13||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $2.75 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|