- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 15 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 15 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 15 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 15 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 15 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|05/28/15||FREE SHOOTING-RANGE MONTH||(All day)||Farmington Fish & Game Club - New Durham||May is “Take a New Shooter to the Range” month. This national program is to promote the fact that, when given fair opportunity...nearly everyone enjoys shooting. If you’re new to shooting and want to try it at a range where safety promoted, the Farmington Fish & Game Club is the place. They have a variety of ranges at their New Durham facility. This MAY...contact a member of the club to try it FREE or call 859-3474 for more information. www.farmingtonfishandgamec...|
|05/28/15||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|05/29/15||MYSTERY BOOK DISCUSSION||10:30 am||Wolfeboro Public Library||The Wolfeboro Public Library has a mystery book discussion on Friday May 29th at 10:30am. This month's book is "The Gods of Gotham" by Lyndsay Faye. Pick up a copy of the book at the library. For more information call 569-2428 or visit www.wolfeborolibrary.org|
|05/29/15||DANCERCIZE||12:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall Gym||Enjoy an hour of fun & exercise with a low impact DANCERCIZE CLASS! Classes include line dance, walking, stretching & more...and you can work at your own pace. Classes take place Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 at the Ossipee Town Hall Gym. For more information call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|05/29/15||GENEALOGY HELP||6:00 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||For people interested in genealogy, the Tuftonboro Free Library offers help and answers to your research questions with session Friday from 6pm to 7pm. This program is free and open to all. For more information call 569-4256 or visit www.tuftonborolibrary.org|
|05/30/15||BOATER EDUCATION CLASS||9:00 am||Public Safety Complex - Moultonborough||Boating season is here and the NH Department of Safety is conducting a local Boater Education Class at the Moultonborough Public Safety Complex on May 30th at 9:00am. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information call 888-254-2125 or visit http://business.nh.gov/boa...|
|05/30/15||TRADITIONAL MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE||11:45 am||Ossipee Town Hall||In Ossipee a Memorial Day service will be held on the Traditional day of May 30th. The service starts at 11:45am a the the Ossipee Town Hall.|
|05/30/15||FRIENDS OF NRA||5:00 pm||American Legion - Rochester||A BANQUET & AUCTION will be held by the Seacoast FRIENDS of NRA on Saturday May 30th starting at 5pm at the American Legion in Rochester. The event features great food, auctions, raffles and door prizes. For tickets or more information call 743-4816 or visit https://www.friendsofnra.o...|
|06/01/15||WAKEFIELD GENEALOGY WORKSHOPS||1:00 pm||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Gafney Library of Wakefield is featuring genealogy workshops featuring Nancy Charest on "Your Family Tree and You," at the Library on Mondays June 1st, 15th and 29th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Nancy is a local, experienced genealogy researcher. For more information call 522-3401 or visit www.gafneylibrary.org|
|06/01/15||MEDICATION MANAGEMENT SEMINAR||2:00 pm||Mountain View Nursing Home - Ossipee||The Partnership for Better Care is conducting local seminars on “Tips for Managing Multiple Medications. Are you or a loved one having a difficult time managing all of your medications? If so, get ideas on how to simplify and easily manage your medications on June 1st at 2pm at the Mountain View Nursing Home in Ossipee. Light refreshments will be provided. For more information call 524-8444.|